World Trade Centers Association
About the World Trade Centers Association
The World Trade Centers Association stimulates trade and investment opportunities for commercial property developers, economic development agencies, and international businesses looking to connect globally and prosper locally.
The association serves as an “international ecosystem” of global connections, iconic properties, and integrated trade services. World Trade Centers are located in more than 90 countries and supported by 15,000 WTC professionals that deliver integrated, reciprocal resources around the world.
Every member of a regional World Trade Center becomes a de facto member of the World Trade Center Association, with access to a global network of 316 centers representing more than 750,000 businesses worldwide, allowing members to:
- Reduce the time and costs of identifying and securing distributors, product sources and service providers.
- Enjoy professional workspaces in more than 100 extraordinary properties around the world, from Delaware to New York to Brisbane to Dubai.
- Enter new markets quickly and without excessive investment by using WTC as an “outsourced international business department.”
- Avoid the pitfalls of country-specific tax and legal regulations through training, advice and business referrals delivered by WTC professionals and members.
- Empower their teams with industry and cross-cultural knowledge gained at WTC-sponsored education and networking events.
Learn more about the history and mission of the World Trade Centers Association, from the origins of its name at the 1939 World’s Fair in Queens, New York, to its incorporation as a nonprofit organization in Delaware in 1969, through the tragic destruction of the World Trade Center in New York on September 11, 2001, which led to the association’s reaffirmation of its mission to promote in peace and prosperity through trade and investment.